Feeling like your marketing strategy needs a little inspiration?
It’s your lucky day! I scoured the web and pulled together a list of the greatest marketing quotes that I could find. I hope that this list helps to give you a little push and inspire your own marketing strategy.
1. “Marketing is too important to be left to the marketing department.” –David Packard, Co-Founder of HP
2. “The key is, no matter what story you tell, make your buyer the hero.” –Chris Brogan, Author
3. “Marketing without data is like driving with your eyes closed.” –Dan Zarrella, Social Media Scientist at Hubspot
4. “Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.” –Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
5. “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.” –Seth Godin, Author
6. “It takes months to find a customer and only seconds to lose one.” –Anonymous
7. “Don’t deliver a product, deliver an experience.” –Chelsea Krost, Author
8. “Everyone is not your customer.” –Seth Godin
9. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is—it is what consumers tell each other it is.” –Scott Cook, Co-Founder of Intuit
10. “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” –Tom Fishburne, Author
11. “Less is more. Keeping it simple takes time and effort.” –Jeff Bullas, Content Marketing Influencer
12. “Personally, I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms.” –Dale Carnegie, Writer
13. “The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing.” –Seth Godin
14. “Content marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” –David Beebe, Content Marketer
15. “Build something 100 people love, not something one million people kind of like.” –Brian Chesky, CEO of Airbnb
16. “If your content isn’t driving conversation, you’re doing it wrong.” –Dan Roth, Executive Editor of LinkedIn
17. “It’s hard to target a message to a generic 35-year-old middle-class working mother of two. It’s much easier to target a message to Jennifer, who has two children under four, works as a paralegal, and is always looking for quick but healthy dinners and ways to spend more time with her kids and less time on housework.” –Elizabeth Gardner, Founder of Garnish Media
18. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou, Poet
19. “If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to that brand.” –Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
20. “Too many companies want their brands to reflect some idealized, perfected image of themselves. As a consequence, their brands acquire no texture, no character and no public trust.” –Richard Branson, Founder of The Virgin Group
So how about now? Feeling inspired yet?