As a web developer who specializes in WordPress development, you enjoy building and optimizing websites built on WordPress as well as developing plugins and related tools. You love creating user-friendly tools that solve big problems.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsive Theme and Child Theme Development
- Plugin Development and Optimization
- Involvement in the planning and specifications for websites and plugins
- Development of integrations between WordPress and third-party application (API Integrations)
- Development within multiple server configurations, including Development, QA, and Production servers
- Write light, clean, logical, re-usable and well-commented code
- Create Documentation for Operational Use
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full working knowledge of WordPress and its core functions (at the code level)
- Significant experience developing custom WordPress themes and plug-ins
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven experience building WordPress themes/plugins.
- Understanding of WordPress coding best practices.
- WordPress/Programming security best practices.
- 4+ Years of experience in WordPress development
What It’s Like Working Remotely
- Work from anywhere: work from your house in Kansas, flat in Edinburgh, or hostel in Bangkok (members of our team have done all three). Some of our team members enjoy the convenience of working at home. Others enjoy living the “Digital Nomad” life traveling the USA and the world. The only requirement? Great Wifi.
- Equipment: SUCCESS agency provides you with a laptop, secondary monitor, headset, and reimburses you for internet.
- Structure: while our team works from anywhere, we are a high performance team that collaborates intensively internally and externally. This requires structure such as regular morning kick-off video calls and communication via Slack. This is not a freelance gig. It’s a full-time position in a growing team.
- Location: Remote (working on Eastern Standard Time)
- When applying, please provide examples of your work. Examples include custom-developed WordPress websites, plugins available in the marketplace, or open source contributions.